It sits on an elevated site and is a well known landmark within the Omagh town centre. The current building was opened in 1897 and is the third to be associated with the congregation. A former church is now located in the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum.
Records indicate that a minister has been associated with the congregation since 1641. There have been sixteen ministers to the present day. At the present time there are 300 families within the congregation.
We hold a Sunday morning service at 11.30am and this is preceded by Sunday School and Bible Class which are held in the adjacent Rowan Hall. During morning worship a children’s church and crèche is held in the church hall. There has also in the past been a regular series of weekly lunchtime services held on Thursdays during Lent. Communion services are held three times per year.
During the week church and fellowship activities consist of Boys’ Brigade, Presbyterian Women, Craft Class, Aerobics, Badminton and Indoor Bowls. The choir meets on Friday evenings for weekly practice and a youth group called c4u meet on Sunday mornings during the church service and occasionally on other evenings when necessary. In the summer there is an active Walking Group. For church functions, funerals and weddings, there is an excellent Ladies Catering Group.
Our Kirk Session comprises of twenty five elders (two ladies and twenty three men) and nineteen have a district of families. The Kirk Session currently meets bi-monthly and occasionally before Communion which is held on the first Sundays of February, May and November. On Communion Sundays there is an evening Thanksgiving service as well.
The Church Committee meet on a regular basis and has nineteen members plus the Kirk Session who are ex-officio members. There are subgroups responsible for finance, buildings and maintenance and church grounds.